Sunday, June 23, 2019

Ordination Anniversary: Affirmations


It seems almost unreal that a year ago today, I was ordained into Christian ministry at St. Paul’s Christian church through my sponsoring home church, Wake Forest Christian Church. There are so many to thank for their support, prayers, guidance, and care that helped me to reach ordination:

My Family
Wake Forest Christian Church
RCYW: Mentors and Peers
First Christian Church of Wilson
St. Paul’s Christian Church
Ridglea Christian Church
Camp Caroline
Christmount Assembly
Ridglea Christian Church
UNC Rex Healthcare
Barton College teachers, peers, and close friends
Brite Divinity School teachers, peers, and close friends
Regions of North Carolina and Southwest
All the ministers and lay persons who participated and came to my ordination service

And of course, my Mother’s Spirit


I reflected during my ordination that the calling I received from God is a scary one. And I still affirm this statement. To do God’s work: to love, to care, to support, and advocate for those suffering and marginalized around us is not easy work, especially in a world that does not make it any easier. The fear that I expressed a year ago is still with me. Yet despite this fear, I still am walking the road set before me by God’s eternal Spirit. I will walk with my fears and trust in the Divine of my understanding that no matter what paths I am being called to walk, I will not be alone and my Ruah will give me the strength to do what God has called me to do on this earth.

This ordained year, I served primarily as a Chaplain Resident at Methodist Mansfield Medical Center. The experiences I gained through this ministry will benefit me for a lifetime and I will cherish the connections I made thus far. In addition to my work at the hospital, I also had the opportunity to preach at several churches both in North Carolina and Southwest Region, as well as serve as the CYF Conference director at Christmount.

From this past ordained year, I’d like to thank the following persons for allowing me to be a part of their ministries and for offering me support on my journey thus far.

Methodist Health System: Pastoral Care Department
First Christian Church, Fayetteville NC
First Christian Church, Black Mountain NC
Wake Forest Christian Church
First Christian Church, Woodson TX
First Christian Church, Cleburne TX
Richland Springs Christian Church
Ridglea Christian Church
Christmount Assembly
CYF Campers, Counselors, and Camp Staff, (Christmount 2018)
North Carolina and Southwest Regions
My Transitions in Ministry group
Disciples Chaplain Association
Close Friends and Ministry Colleagues

And in memory of Rev. Don Wirsdrofer.


May this coming year bring forth many more blessings and opportunities to share the love of God with other people and experience the grace and presence of the Spirit in all of the Spirits many beautiful forms and ways.

Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment