Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Devotional- Positive Energy


When was the last time you had a positive thought about anything? And how did that positive thought make you feel? 

I feel this pandemic that our world is suffering through has robbed us of many things, including but not limited to positivity. I mean, how can one be positive when people are getting sick and we are forced to isolate from those we love and care for. Its much easier to be negative and upset about the way things are going on in our world.

I found myself in a state of sadness for several days and I started to believe that things were never going to alright again. The negative thoughts made me feel less energized to do anything and I just sat around in my off time feeling miserable. But one day, I decided to walk out on my back porch; the weather was enjoyable, and it was a change of scenery. Its hard to describe how beautiful the sun shined above the sky and made everything in the world seem so much better than what I was feeling. I began to think positively, about just how beautiful the world really was and I started to remember what good things people were doing despite the pandemic. I was beginning to think positively and as a result, I was feeling much better.

There are going to be days when all the negativity of the world around us is going to drain our energy and make us feel miserable. And it’s okay to feel this way. It’s only natural. 

But my hope and prayer is that you don’t let the negativity control your whole life. That you are able to find some positives in the world that will uplift your spirit and give you hope that all will be well again. Its surprising just how many positive things, big and small, that may be surrounding us every day. All we need to do is take a moment and look for them. 

So I ask you again, when was the last time you thought about something positive? And when do you think is it time to begin to think positively again?

May you take some time today to reflect upon these questions. May you not be consumed by negativity but give power to the positive energy that is all around us all the time. And may light and love fill your spirits and grant you hope that one day, all will be well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment